Page
of 27

New Competition Idea

265 replies
jackx a
192 posts
Admins
Officers
I'm happy we had an intense game with a good turnout today, and that BftC 2013 ended much better than expected, given the many problems (not all caused by 29th) it had.

Actually, 29th was key in making this outcome possible - with a suboptimal choice for their final attack, and by being unpopular enough to motivate people who wouldn't play for the Americans to play against 29th.

All in all, BftC 2013 while far from perfect, turned out OK and showed enough potential to at least make me willing to try another, improved, BftC at a later date.

Thank you and good game to all participants, and just like I meant the bad game in the preceding weeks, I mean that as well.

If we argue further about BftC 2013, we should do it with some distance, in order to clearly analyse it and learn from it, in case there's going to be another one.
Posted Sep 1, 13 · Last edited Sep 1, 13
352 posts
Admins
ABC
Leader
I have no clue still as to what is messed up in the config. I think it has something to do with the relationship between the spawns in the map and the config itself. I tested several map config variants and none worked- it seems to be a problem between the config and the actual map itself (not the map config). I also edited the BFTC config and re-tested, again nothing worked on the maps I wanted.

The original plan was bg_woodland, with 3 caps and the middle one being closer to the American side (similar to Snowlake). Of course, when I tested it, the game once again did not work. Failing that, I searched for a functioning, American-sided map (not easy). The only one remotely close was Fall. Woodland would have been better, but Fall was about the best I could do and still have it be American-sided.
About the BG since 2001
bennington.gif
Posted Sep 1, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 1, 13
jackx a
192 posts
Admins
Officers
In the future, getting 2 versions of the same map with mirrored spawns for defense/fortify might be the best way to do it.
Posted Sep 1, 13
70 posts
Veteran Member
I wish I knew what the "problem" was, but I guess it's kept under wraps.
Posted Sep 2, 13
25 posts
Untagged users
round ends suddenly when cfg is loaded on some maps
null
Posted Sep 2, 13
352 posts
Admins
ABC
Leader
Yes- you enable the BFTC/Ticket config and if anyone spawns, suddenly the word "Draw" appears and the map ends (it works if everyone is in spec and no one joins and spawns). A new map begins with the default server config enabled.

Thing is it only happens on a few maps. Road works, Townguard does not. Plateau and Snowlake work but Woodland and Kettlecreek do not.

I originally thought it was related to a map and BFTC config conflict, but even pasting in a config for a working map does not fix a broken one. The same problem happens. I think it's related to the way the map itself is built by the mapper (spawns maybe? cap settings in the map itself?). But I have no way of nailing down what it could be.
About the BG since 2001
bennington.gif
Posted Sep 2, 13 · OP · Last edited Sep 2, 13
Page
of 27
Announcement of